- To apply tax to your Invoices, you must have the desired tax entered into Fieldwork. To begin, Select the Tax Rates from the settings. This will bring you to the Tax Rate Screen. The only Rate that will populate will be Tax Exempt.
- To add a new Tax Rate, select the New Tax Rate in the upper right. This will bring you to the Create Tax Rate Screen.
- Fieldwork has tool to auto fill your rates based on zip code. To use this feature enter your Zip Code into the appropriate box and select Discover. If you are unaware of your Zip Code, You may enter in the data manually.
- If you scroll down the the lower portion of the page the Tax Rate data will be listed below. To apply this data to your Template select the <= button.
- Once this action is complete select Create Tax Rate.
- When finished editing the details of the New Tax Rate select save at the bottom of the screen. Your Service screen is refreshed and a message at the top of the page in a green box now appears: “New Tax Rate Created”. You will then be brought back to the Tax Rate page. Repeat these steps to add New Rates at any point using fieldwork.
- You may Edit and Delete any Rate s by selecting the desired option from the Tax Rate Page.